Ideas about Reading Literature with a Class
- Critical Reading. A Guide by John Lye, Brock University, St. Catharines, Canada
- Teaching Reading Narrative Text through Fable Suryani Desi Nurawaliyah; University of Ibn Khaldun Bogor University, Indonesia
- Why Teachers Should Use Timed Reading in ESL Classes: Jeremy Browning, Nagoya University of Foreign Studies (Nagoya, Japan); TESL Journal, June 6, 03
- How to Write an A+ Research Paper (Chapter 1 of A Research Guide for Students)
- 103 Things to do Before/During/After Reading
- More Ideas Than You'll Ever Use for Book Reports
- Why Read Before Class?. Professors assign it and expect you to read it before class. Most students don't complete the reading. Here's why you should.
- The premature obituary of the book. Why Literature? by Mario Vargas Llosa
- How to write a book review by Philip Hensher, chief book reviewer for The Spectator magazine in the UK. ABC National; September 10, 2009.
- Why Read? by Mark Edmundson. Edmundson encourages educators to teach students to read in a way that can change their lives for the better rather than just training and entertaining - with transcript. C-SPAN; October 27, 2004.
- In Search of the Novel, shows creative strategies for bringing novels to life for middle and high school students including Ernest Gaines, Chinua Achebe, Harper Lee, and Toni Morrison. A 10 part workshop you can watch online or order from Annenberg. Produced by Educational Film Center. 2000
- Literary Visions, literary analysis for college and high school classrooms and adult learners. A 24 part feature from Annenberg. Produced by Intelecom and Maryland Public Television. 1992.
- Teaching Multicultural Literature in High School, an exploration of the richness of multicultural literature shown through four pedagogical approaches to teaching it: reader response, inquiry, cultural studies, and critical pedagogy. An 8 part feature you can watch online or order from Annenberg. Produced by Thirteen/WNET.2003