Uniform Justice, 2003 - Text Excerpts
- Donna Leon reads from chapter 12. SwissEduc; July 29, 2004 (Real 1:00).
- In this passage Paola Brunetti alludes to an accident, which really happened on February 3, 1998: a US Marine plane cut the wire supporting a cable car near the area of Cavalese, in northern Italy, killing all twenty passengers in the gondola. The two pilots were found not guilty by an American military court, because the military-issued map that they were using did not show the cable car -- a decision that enraged the Italian government and citizens.
- Military jet causes cable car tragedy.
- Americas Cable car disaster pilot jailed. BBC News (with audio)
- Details on the crash and rescue efforts. CNN, Rome Bureau.
- Beginning of the book read by David Collacci (Real 2:55)